1. Which of the following is not a greenhouse gas ?
A) Carbon dioxide B) Methane
C) Oxygen D) Nitrous Oxide
2. Which Indian was awarded the Nobel Prize for Peace in 2014 ?
A) Kailash Satyarthi
B) Amartya Sen
C) Venkatraman Ramakrishnan
D) Malala Yousafzai
3. The author of the book “Time Machine” is
A) H.G. Wells B) Gunter Grass
C) Edward Luce D) Eleanor Catton
5. Which of the following rights is a constitutional right and not a fundamental right ?
A) Right to freedom of expression
B) Right to freedom of religion
C) Right to move freely
D) Right to property
6. Article 45 under the Directive Principles of State Policy in the Indian Constitution provides for :
A) Rights of minorities to establish educational institutions
B) Free and compulsory primary education
C) Education for weaker sections of the country
D) Giving financial assistance to less advanced states
7. The judges of the Supreme Court are appointed by
A) Prime Minister of India
B) President of India
C) Speaker of Rajya Sabha
D) Ministry of Law and Justice
8. Who is the first Indian to become the World No. 1 in Badminton ?
A) P.V. Sandhu B) Aparna Balan
C) Saina Nehwal D) Sania Mirza
9. To which age does the Indus Valley Civilization belong ?
A) Bronze B) Lead
C) Iron D) None of these
10. What is the primary aim of Dhanlakshmi Yojana ?
A) Prevent child marriages
B) Promote intercaste marriages
C) Change the mentality of seeing girl child as a financial burden
D) Provide scholarships to bright girl students to pursue PG or Ph.D.
11. On whose philosophy is the current primary education in India based ?
A) Rabindra Nath Tagore
B) Swami Vivekananda
C) Mahatma Gandhi
D) Sri Aurobindo
12. The attributes of objects, events and things that can be measured are called
C) Qualitative measures
D) None of these
13. Correctly match the following and answer from the given codes :
1) Manusmriti (a) Vatsyayana
2) Arthashastra (b) Bharata Muni
3) Nyayashastra (c) Kautilya
4) Kamasutra (d) Manu
A) (1)-(a); (2)-(b); (3)-(c); (4)-(d)
B) (1)-(d); (2)-(c); (3)-(b); (4)-(a)
C) (1)-(c); (2)-(d); (3)-(a); (4)-(b)
D) (1)-(b); (2)-(c); (3)-(d); (4)-(a)
14. Which of the following contributes the largest share of total energy production in India ?
A) Thermal energy B) Hydel energy
C) Nuclear energy D) Solar energy
15. Which state is called the “Sugar bowl” of India ?
A) Madhya Pradesh B) Himachal Pradesh
C) Uttar Pradesh D) Punjab
16. Which of the following countries is the largest importer of Iron ore from India ?
A) China B) Australia
C) Brazil D) Pakistan
17. Ab initio refers to :
A) From the very beginning
B) High initiative
C) Things done later
D) Without initiative
18. The term “censure” means :
B) Criticize harshly
C) Unfavourable opinion or judgement
19. Who is the winner of the Best Actor award in 87th Academy Awards for the film “Theory of Everything” ?
A) Christain Bale
B) Eddie Redmayne
C) Leonardo DiCaprio
D) Matthew McConaughey
20. The type of rear view mirror in a car is
A) Concave B) Parabolic
C) Plain D) Convex
21. Total internal reflection takes place when light travels from
A) Denser medium to a rarer medium
B) Rarer medium to a denser medium
C) Denser medium to a rarer medium and the angle of incidence is greater than the critical angle
D) Rarer medium to denser medium and the angle of incidence is greater than the critical angle
22. The mark stamped on the voter’s finger is made of chemical
A) Hydrogen peroxide
B) Carbon tetrachloride
C) Calcium phosphate
D) Silver nitrate
23. Petrol is obtained from crude oil by the process of
C) Fractional distillation
24. Haemoglobin is
A) Carbohydrate B) Nucleic acid
C) Fat D) Protein
25. Which of the following is called as “good cholesterol” ?
A) High-density Lipoproteins (HDLs)
B) Low-density Lipoproteins (LDLs)
C) Very-low-density Lipoproteins (VLDLs)
1. (C) 2. (A) 3. (A) 4. (D) 5. (D) 6. (B) 7. (B) 8. (C) 9. (A) 10. (C)
11. (C) 12. (A) 13. (B) 14. (A) 15. (C) 16. (A) 17. (A) 18. (A) 19. (B) 20. (D)
21. (C) 22. (D) 23. (C) 24. (D) 25. (A)
Share This Content to Your Whatsapp Groups :