Strengthening Teaching-Learning and Results for States project approved
- The Union Cabinet approved the Strengthening Teaching-Learning and Results for States (STARS) project. The project aims to improve the quality of education in the country.
- At the national level, the scheme aims to
- strengthen data collected on retention, transition, and completion rates of students,
- set up a National Assessment Centre to facilitate inter-state communication, and
- set up a Contingency Emergency Response Component to facilitate education during natural and man-made disasters, amongst others. At the state-level, the scheme will focus on matters such as
(i) strengthening early childhood education and foundational learning,
(ii) improving learning assessment systems, and
(iii) strengthening vocational education and classroom instruction.
- It will focus on the following six states: Himachal Pradesh, Kerala, Odisha, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, and Rajasthan.
- The total cost of the project will be ` 5,718 crore. A financial assistance of ` 3,700 crore will be provided by the World Bank for the project. It will be implemented as a new scheme sponsored by the central government.
Join us our Whatsapp Groups https://chat.whatsapp.com/H2mDPCvY9XlG3X3lxcQwRA
Join us our Telegram Groups : https://t.me/way2tips
Join us our Facebook Groups : https://www.facebook.com/way2tips.in/