- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi dedicated to the nation the World’s longest Highway tunnel – Atal Tunnel on 3rd October 2020.
- The 9.02 Km long tunnel connects Manali to Lahaul-Spiti valley throughout the year. Earlier the valley was cut off for about 6 months each year owing to heavy snowfall.
- The Tunnel is built with ultra-modern specifications in the Pir Panjal range of Himalayas at an altitude of 3000 Mtrs (10,000 Feet) from the Mean Sea Level (MSL).
- The tunnel reduces the road distance by 46 Kms between Manali and Leh and the time by about 4 to 5 hours.
- It has state of the art electromechanical systems including semi transverse ventilation, SCADA controlled fire fighting, illumination and monitoring systems. The Tunnel has ample safety features built into it.
- Atal Tunnel is going to be a lifeline for a large part of Himachal Pradesh as well as the new Union Territory of Leh-Ladakh and would reduce the distance between Manali and Kyelang by 3-4 hours.
- Prime Minister termed that now parts of Himachal Pradesh and Leh-Ladakh will always be connected with the rest of the country and would witness speedier economic progress. He said farmers, horticulturalists and youth will now also have easy access to the capital of Delhi and other markets.
Join us our Whatsapp Groups https://chat.whatsapp.com/H2mDPCvY9XlG3X3lxcQwRA
Join us our Telegram Groups : https://t.me/way2tips
Join us our Facebook Groups : https://www.facebook.com/way2tips.in/