Rail Lines Planned Along Key Highways
- A proposal has been mooted to construct rail lines along-side key express highways to be built in future.
- Five or six upcoming corridors, including Delhi-Amritsar-Katra and Chennai-Bengaluru, have been identified for such works.
- The projects will help the government save costs on land acquisition for greenfield express-ways.
- A new alignment for the Delhi-Katra expressway will cost ` 25,000 crore. This new expressway will provide the shortest way from the capital to Amritsar and other religious centres of Sultanpur Lodhi, Goindwal Sahib, Khadoor Sahib as well as the recently developed Dera Baba Nanak, Kartarpur Sahib International Corridor in Punjab.
- Among other corridors proposed to be built by FY25 are Ahmedabad-Dholera, Kanpur-Lucknow, Amritsar – Bhathinda – Jamnagar, Hyderabad – Raipur and Nagpur – Vijayawada.
Join us our Whatsapp Groups https://chat.whatsapp.com/H2mDPCvY9XlG3X3lxcQwRA
Join us our Telegram Groups : https://t.me/way2tips
Join us our Facebook Groups : https://www.facebook.com/way2tips.in/