- A) It is an international accounting tool for government and business leaders to understand, quantify and manage greenhouse gas emissions
- B) It is an initiative of the United Nations to offer financial incentives to developing countries to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and to adopt eco-friendly technologies
- C) It is an inter-governmental agreement ratified by all the member countries of the United Nations to reduce greenhouse gas emissions to specified levels by the year 2022.
- D) It is one of the multilateral REDD+ initiatives hosted by the World Bank
Explanation : Ans : (A)
- The Green House Gas protocol (GHG protocol) is the most widely used inter-national accounting tool for government and business leaders to understand, quantify, and manage green house gas emissions.
- It is a decade-long partnership between the World Resources Institute (WRI) and the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD).
- It is working with business, governments, and environmental groups around the world to build a new generation of credible and effective programs for tackling climate change.